A few weeks back, I received Rebecca’s centre block for our Round Robin “Possum Magic”. She also included some fabric we could use, blocks for everyone to sign and a cute notebook to tell a little bit more about yourself and your inspiration. What a great package!
My idea was to recreate the little grey squares that she had around the hexagon on the borders. I never set on point squares before, so it was a great experimentation for me.
And I like to think that I managed all right on that one.
To compliment the squares, I wanted to add some hexagon shapes on the corner. The fabric I picked is so special to me as it was used to create my wedding ring cushion for my wedding. One of my friend made it for me and she gave me the fabric scraps. And now, here it is, on Rebecca’s first border:
PS: I know that you are dying to see my wedding ring cushion now. So, here it is with other DIY projects from the wedding.
1. Wedding cushion embroidered by my friend (it was a total surprise), plus rings made by my brother-in-law. 2. Cake topper painted by a friend (so many talented friends) 3. Necklace and earrings from an Australian colleague Calie, “Getting ready Kimono” by me 4. Heart pick made by my mum 5. Embroidered tablecloth made by my grandma 6. Heart felt garland by me – all pictures from our talented photograph Damien Colomban
Don’t forget to check my Possum Magic friends over here:
- Carla from Granny Maud’s Girl
- Wendy from Wendy’s Quilts and More
- Jane from Where Jane Creates
- Jo from Riddle and Whimsy
- Serena from Sew Giving
- Sharon from Motherdragon’s Musings
- Rebecca from One Wee Bird